Thirteen Posts in Honor of Mother's Day
1) A man's work is from sun to sun, but a mother's work is never done.
2) Who fed me from her gentle breast
And hushed me in her arms to rest,
And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?
3) There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.
4) The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men--from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes
5) God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.
6) When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
7) The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh
8) All mothers are working mothers.
9) Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
10) It would seem that something which means poverty, disorder and violence every single day should be avoided entirely, but the desire to beget children is a natural urge.
11) Women's Liberation is just a lot of foolishness. It's the men who are discriminated against. They can't bear children. And no one's likely to do anything about that.
12) Mother--that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.
~T. DeWitt Talmage
13) All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.